Mombasa, Kenya, Africa
|Behind the Scenes|
|“||You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.||”|
Eames is an essential part of the secrecy and deceit within the dream world. Eames can project the image of anyone, essentially forging an identity as a literal physical manifestation. The transformation process seems to involve the use of a mirror. This skill comes in handy, and can help convince another person that he’s whomever the team needs him to be in order to aid their deception. He frequently uses a Heckler and Koch P2000 throughout the first level defending the taxi and city warehouse from projections, a South African MGL grenade launcher and a SIG SG 552 assault rifle with custom arctic camouflage while planting charges in the hospital. He is portrayed by actor Tom Hardy. He is also seen holding a Beretta 92FS Inox in the poster. Eames totem is a poker chip.
Eames' personality is much akin to that of James Bond, coming off as quite the suave, smooth talking flirt. He is also somewhat of a prankster and has a penchant for dry humor, evidenced by his constant one-upmanship and incessant teasing of Arthur. Aside from his friendly rivalry with Arthur, he is somewhat of a loner, choosing to work apart from the rest of the group for the majority of the mission. Unlike Arthur, who seems to enjoy the technical aspects of the dream world, Eames appreciates the creative capabilities it allows. He also loves to find out what people keep locked up in the innermost confines of their mind.
Eames' most valuable ability is the ability to project, within the dream world, the image of other humans. Combined with his ability to mirror other people's mannerisms and behaviors, he is a very capable doppelganger. He is more than capable of physically defending himself and other members of the group, able to fend off several soldiers while planting charges around the snow fortress during The Fischer Inception Job. This may be a sign of the possibility of Eames' prior experience in the military or obtaining extensive self-defense training. He is also quite skilled at speaking in such a way as to allow even lay people to understand the basics of complex topics.
- (About Inception) "Nah, it's perfectly possible, it's just bloody difficult."
- "Arthur? You're still working with that stick in the mud?"
- "If you're gonna perform Inception, you need imagination."
- "There's no room for a tourist in a job like this, Mr. Saito."
- "Your condescension, as always, is much appreciated, Arthur, thank you."
- "Thank you for your contribution, Arthur!"
- "This, Ariadne, would be a kick..." [kicks Arthur's chair]
- "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
- "So now we're trapped in Fischer's mind battling his own private army and if we get killed, we'll be lost in limbo 'till our brains turn to scrambled egg, hm?"
- He was known as The Forger in some promotional material.