Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page (born February 21, 1987), known professionally as Ellen Page, is a Canadian actress.
She is also known for her starring roles in Hard Candy, Juno, Smart People, Whip It, and as Katherine "Kitty" Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand. In addition, Page received attention in Canada for award-winning roles in Pit Pony and Marion Bridge, as well as television shows Trailer Park Boys and ReGenesis.
In 2008, Page was nominated for Time's 100 Most Influential People list and placed #86 on FHM's Sexiest Women in the World list. In June 2008, Page was named on Entertainment Weekly's future A-List stars list.
Ellen Philpotts-Page was born on February 21, 1987, in Halifax, Nova Scotia to Dennis Page and Martha Philpotts. She wanted to start acting at an early age and attended the Neptune Theater School. After attending three different high schools, she graduated from the Shambhala School in Halifax.
Her first appearance was in the TV show Pit Pony, for which she received a Young Artist and Gemini nomination for Best Performance. After filming the movie Marion Bridge (2002), she realized that acting is what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. Ellen won the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor Award (from the Atlantic Film Festival) and another nomination for Wilby Wonderful. For the TV series ReGenesis, Page was given a Gemini for Best Performance. Page received both Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for Best Actress for her role as the title character in the film Juno.
- Had to wear hair extensions for X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) as she had shaved her head bald for her role in Mouth to Mouth (2005).
- Considers herself to be a feminist and tries to steer clear of the "stereotypical roles for teenage girls" because she finds them to be "sexist".
- She originally turned down the role of Kitty Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) until director Brett Ratner personally contacted her and talked her into it.
- As of 2010 she is the fourth youngest actress to receive a Best Actress in a Leading Role Academy Award nomination. She was at the age of 20 years and 335 days when she received a nomination for her performance in Juno (2007).
- She was ranked #8 on Entertainment Weekly's "30 Under 30" the actress list (2008), #10 on Moviefone's "The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'" 92008), and #1 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch "future stars of tomorrow" along with Kellan Rhude.
- She was the first choice for Christine in Drag Me to Hell (2009), but was forced to pass due to scheduling difficulties, was in consideration for the part of Natalie Keener in Up in the Air (2009/I), and was originally cast in Jane Eyre (2010) as the title role, but quit the project when production was delayed.
External Links Edit
Ellen Philpotts-Page at the IMDB